- Essential Granada private tour
- Albaicin and Sacromonte twilight walking tour. Join a premium small group
- Private Albaicin walking tour and Gypsy Sacromonte
- Private tour to the places of Federico Garcia Lorca in Granada
- Private tour to the interior of the Cathedral and Royal Chapel of Granada
- Lorca and Falla in the Alhambra. Private tour
- Private tour Places of Isabella the Catholic in Granada
- Granada Essential Must-Do Tour in a premium small group
- Alhambra night tour in a premium small group
- Full day combo: Alhambra tour, Albaicin and Sacromonte in a premium small group
- Full Day in Granada: Visit the Alhambra and the Dobla de Oro monuments in a premium small group
- Alhambra Experiences: Night and day tour in a premium small group
- Alhambra and Generalife guided tour in a premium small group
- Private tour of the Alhambra and Generalife gardens
Today on our blog, we’ll show you some of the famous Granada quotes about our beautiful city. This city lives in the hearts of many and in the memories of others… As a 20 quotations list seemed still few for us, we wanted to offer you more quotes. Enjoy them!!
- 1. “Give him alms, woman, because there is nothing sadder in life than being blind in Granada”. Francisco de Icaza.
He dedicated these words to Granada, the city his wife, Beatriz de León y Loynaz, was born. It can be seen in the monument of the Alhambra, between the Torres Bermejas (Vermillion Towers).
- “Granada is so moving that it stimulates and melts all of the senses”. Henri Matisse.
- “Granada; more dazzling than the flower and more flavourful than the fruit it is named after, like a virgin lying in the sun”. Alejandro Dumas.
- “The truth is, that I’m beginning to wonder if there is any greater pleasure in life than visiting Granada. …and it is going back and visiting it again.” Alejandro Dumas.
- “My eyes filled with tears; not tears of sorrow nor of happiness, but of fulfilment of a quiet, hidden life in Granada”. Miguel de Unamuno.
- “I do not know what to call this land upon which I stand. If what is beneath my feet is paradise, then what is the Alhambra? Heaven?” Lope de Vega.
- “Granada is like the beautiful, delicate land of our dreams; all those who see her, dream of visiting her again”. Chateaubriand.
- “Granada, last refuge from a tiring life. Eternal garden, shows remnants of paradise that still remain, in only very few privileged places on earth”. Chateaubriand.
- “Granada is a treasure and it will stay in my mind as my most beautiful memory, for a long time”. Michelle Obama.
- “Granada, the most beautiful sunset in the world”. Bill Clinton.
- “Granada is Spain’s most valued treasure; a melting pot of flavours, smells and passion”. Víctor Hugo.
- “There is no city more beautiful than Granada” Víctor Hugo.
- “If you were to visit just one city in Spain, it should be Granada”. Ernest Hemingway.
- “Through the waters of Granada, only sighs can row”. Federico García Lorca.
- “Granada is defenceless before the people; in light of the complements, nothing and nor anyone that has a means of defence.” Federico García Lorca.
- “Granada is the perfect dream and fantasy, forever ineffable... Granada will always be more malleable than philosophical, more lyric than dramatic.” Federico García Lorca.
- “Every inquisitive traveller keeps Granada in his heart, without having even visited it”. William Shakespeare.
- “Granada is one of the most fascinating cities in the world, and its geographical location must also be added to its rich heritage.” William Shakespeare.
- “Yes, the impact of your wonderful Granada is within me; sad, so sad, but a sadness so attractive that it draws me in and carries me with it like a thread through a needle. I need to take in each and every aspect of Granada” Juan Ramón Jimenez
- “This city is present in me more than just my life”. Queen Isabella I of Castile.
- “It was Granada… rich and overpowering… They called it the Damascus of the West.” Pedro Antonio de Alarcón
- “Every city has its own charm, but Granada has its own and that of the rest”. Antonio Machado.
- “I wish to see you walk through the Arco de Elvira, to find out your name and shed a tear” Federico García Lorca.
- “Stunning, radiant, welcoming Granada. Simply beautiful!”. Ladrón de Guevara y Checa
- “Never in my life have I lived in a place more delightful and never will I find one the same”. Washington Irving
- “In no part of the world is the landscape like that of Granada”. Manuel de Falla
- “All curious travellers keep Granada in their hearts, even without having visited it”. William Shakespeare
- “Hail, O City where dawn rises and the setting Sun rests. Where the pearls of mist melt and the pearls of crystal-clear water: where the Glory between laurels lies and whose immense light enlightens you!”. José Zorrila
- “Granada is a part of my skin, my eyes, my hair, my song, my food, my children, my parents…I’ll always return to Granada.” Estrella Morente
- “Then, we’ll go to Granada every autumn to indulge a little bit…” Juan Ramón Jimenez
We hope you enjoyed the quotes of Granada we have selected just for you. If you have any other you’d like to tell us, just feel free to do it 😉