- Lorca: Civil war and death. Cultural trekking route
- Lorca’s youth in the fertile plain of Valderrubio. Private tour
- Lorca in Fuente Vaqueros: The beginning of a genius
- Essential Granada private tour
- Albaicin and Sacromonte twilight walking tour. Join a premium small group
- Private Albaicin walking tour and Gypsy Sacromonte
- Alhambra tour guide. Complete your experience
- Alhambra night tour in a premium small group
- Full day combo: Alhambra tour, Albaicin and Sacromonte in a premium small group
- Full Day in Granada: Visit the Alhambra and the Dobla de Oro monuments in a premium small group
- Alhambra Experiences: Night and day tour in a premium small group
- Alhambra and Generalife guided tour in a premium small group
An itinerary linking two neighbourhoods, one for palace life and the other for daily life, two hills separated by the rushing River Darro, two histories developing in parallel, each looking at themselves in the mirror of the other, yet never managing to come into contact. This itinerary is called Dobla de Oro, created to connect the Alhambra and the Albayzín and bring the millions of visitors who explore this palatial city closer to the Albayzín, a World Heritage Site neighbourhood since 1994.
Visit the Alhambra and the Albayzín
Today the Alhambra and the Albayzín are closer. They are connected by Dobla de Oro, a cultural and tourism itinerary promoted by the Patronato de la Alhambra and Generalife which aims to foster stronger bonds between the oldest neighbourhood in the city and the monumental complex, both of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. From the hill of the Sabika, from the Alhambra, the Albayzín is a white neighbourhood speckled with the tall Cyprus trees and the bell towers of the churches which were formerly mosques. On the other side, from the Albayzín the Alhambra is a dense forest upon whose canopy lies the saffron coloured walls of the Alcazaba, the Nasrid palaces and their towers.
Dobla de Oro offers us the opportunity to dive into an unparalleled cultural landscape, an illuminating itinerary letting us learn about the great Hispano-Muslim monuments of Granada, declared by UNESCO to be World Heritage Sites, while we walk around charming neighbourhoods that are teeming with life and filled with the magic of history, beauty and flamenco.
This new cultural itinerary will let visitors walk through the Nasrid palaces and then head into the Albayzín afterwards to the most emblematic locations such as the Casa Morisca on Calle Horno de Oro, the Bañuelo, the Casa del Chapiz, the Palacio de Dar al-Horra and the Casa de Zafra.
The advantages don’t end there, those who have the Dobla de Oro get offers and discounts in associated establishments, such as for the tourist train, as well as other places such as the Fundación Rodríguez-Acosta, the churches Iglesia de Nuestro Salvador, Iglesia de San Pedro y San Pablo, Iglesia de Santa Ana and the abbey known as the Abadía del Sacromonte.
There are three types of packages that can be booked: General, Gardens and Night-time, all on the Patronato’s website. A first step for laying the debates to rest and for the Alhambra and Albayzín to walk hand-in-hand, for better conservation and better knowledge of our heritage.