Each year, on the 18th of April, the International Day for Monuments and Sites is celebrated worldwide. To promote World Heritage Site diversity, their vulnerability and the effort required to protect and preserve them, UNESCO proposed celebrating various kinds of activities in the cities linked to the agency.
Among other activities, visits to heritage sites and monuments, conferences, round tables and press releases can be enjoyed.
Activities in Granada for the International Day for Monuments and Sites.
- Free entrance to the Iglesia del Monasterio de Santa Isabel la Real, from 10am to 1pm
- Free entrance to the garden of Carmen de los Cipreses from 12pm to 2pm and from 6pm to 8pm
- Entry to Casa Museo Max Mureau from 10:30am to 1:30pm and from 6pm to 8pm
- Entry to Palacio de Carvajal – Centro de Documentación Musical de Andalucía, on the street Carrera del Darro fom 10am to 2pm.
- Open House Day at Convento Museo Carmelitas, in the Callejón de las Monjas del Carmen: Capilla, the Virgen-, lower chancel- and treasure rooms.
- Guided tour of Fundación Rodríguez Acosta at 10, 11, 12, 1 and 2pm, sign up in advance by sending an email to email@example.com
- Entry to central courtyard and stairs of the Real Chancillería from 10am to 1:30pm
- Entry to Aljibe del Rey from 10am to 1:30pm
- Entry to Palacio de los Córdova from 10am to 2pm
- Nighttime entry to the Generalife from 10-11pm. Tickets available on the same day (18th) in Corral del Carbón from 9am to 7pm (maximum of 3 tickets per person)
- Free entry to Casa Morisca de Zafra on Carrera del Darro, from 10am to 2pm and from 4pm to 8pm. Furthermore, there will be Story Telling for children on the 18th and 19th of April at 12pm. This will be a theatrical play performed by several actors, who will act out popular stories from the Spanish oral tradition over approximately 50 minutes.
- Free entry to Casa Morisca de Zafra on Carrera del Darro, from 10am to 2pm and from 4pm to 8pm.
- Free guided tours of the Albayzín from 5pm to 7pm and from 7pm to 9pm courtesy of Agencia Albaicín
- Free guided tours of the Realejo from 6pm to 8pm courtesy of Agencia Albaicín
The large majority of the activities follow the cultural itinerary “Dobla de Oro”, which aims to link the two areas of Granada, declared as World Heritage Sites, the Albayzín -Granada’s oldest neighbourhood- and the Alhambra and Generalife Monumental Complex. As a part of the Dobla de Oro itinerary, we can visit the Palacio de Dar al-Horra, Casa del Chapíz, Casa de Zafra, Casa Morisca on Calle Horno de Oro, Bañuelo and Corral del Carbón.