Alhambra Special educational visit for students
This special Alhambra educational visit for students is designed to emphasize the importance of cultural and natural heritage and to engage the students in its defence, conservation and improvement.
The Alhambra is an excellent educational resource and this itinerary specific for students is designed with a great didactic value, due to its cultural importance, for society and for the enormous didactic possibilities offered by the monumental complex.
The didactic itinerary for this pedagogical visit has been programmed so that it can be integrated in the secondary school curriculum, between the ages of 12 and 18. It is a circular tour and the duration of the guided tour is approximately 2.30 hours. The walk is around 3 kilometers and the difficulty is medium-low degree.
CICERONE offers, in all cases, a guided tour of the following spaces:
- Interior of the Alcazaba, military area of the Alhambra with the powerful views over Granada, the Vega, Sierra Nevada and the Darro Valley.
- Palace of Charles the Fifht, symbol of the imperial power and the economic and cultural splendour of the XVI century.
- Medina, workshop area and small houses for the plain people of the Alhambra at the service of the sultan
- Generalife Gardens, an agricultural property that still preserves the important gardens of medieval heritage and the new gardens beautiful and evocative, together with the Palace of the Generalife, a summer house
In addition, and if they are included in the tickets:
- Nazaríes palaces, Mexuar, Comares and Lions whose exquisite and delicate architecture, miraculously preserved still surprises us today.
Objectives of the pedagogical visit to the Alhambra
- Distinguish and classify the socio-cultural characteristics of the various periods of the Alhambra.
- Know the most significant features of the Islamic culture and the daily life of a palatial city. Understand the importance of the Alhambra in relation to its time.
- Orientation in the complex, both in relation to its structure and geographical space.
- Recognize the importance of the hydraulic system of the monumental complex of the Alhambra and know its basic operation.
- Distinguish the usefulness of the different precincts of the monumental complex, the residential areas, the defensive structures and the walled city.
- Value and stimulate the importance of historical heritage as a form of positive social behaviour and acquire critical awareness about its conservation problems.
Duration of guided tour
Approximately 2:30 p.m.
Spanish or English
ATTENTION: The free tickets provided by the Alhambra Patronate for schoolchildren are specific for SELFGUIDED visits, only the teacher can explain. To purchase our guided services, it is essential to purchase tickets.
|No. of PARTICIPANTS||No. of GROUPS||FULL GROUP PRICE|
|hasta 30||1||180,00 €|