This special Alhambra educational visit for students is designed to emphasize the importance of cultural and natural heritage and to engage the students in its defence, conservation and improvement.
The Alhambra is an excellent educational resource and this itinerary specific for students is designed with a great didactic value, due to its cultural importance, for society and for the enormous didactic possibilities offered by the monumental complex.
The educational itinerary for this pedagogical tour has been designed to be integrated into the school curriculum for secondary school students between 12 and 18 years of age. It’s a circular route lasting approximately 2.5 hours. Approximately 3 kilometres are covered and it has a mid-low difficulty level.
The following areas are included in all of these CICERONE guided tours:
● Inside the Alcazaba, the military part of the Alhambra with magnificent views of the city, Granada’s Vega, Sierra Nevada and the Darro Valley.
● Palacio de Carlos V, a symbol of imperial power and economic and cultural splendour from the 16th century.
● The Medina, an area of workshops and small houses for the Alhambra’s commoners who served the sultan.
● Generalife, a former agricultural property conserving its important medieval vegetable gardens, orchards and the beautiful and evocative Jardines Nuevos next to the Palacio del Generalife, a recreational residence.
Furthermore, should the ticket include them:
● The Nasrid Palaces: the Mexuar, Comares and Leones palaces whose wonderfully conserved delicate and exquisite architecture impresses us even today.
Goals for the educational tour of the Alhambra
– Distinguish and classify the socio-cultural characteristics of the diverse periods the Alhambra has gone through.
– Learn the most significant characteristics of Islamic culture and everyday life in the palace city. Understand the importance of the Alhambra in relation to the world at that time.
– Be able to orient yourself, in so far as its structure as well as the geographic area.
– Recognise the importance of the Alhambra monumental complex’s water system and learn the basics of how it works.
– Know the purpose of each of the various areas of the monumental complex, the residential areas, the defensive structures and the walled city.
– Value and promote the importance of the cultural heritage as a form of positive social behaviour and acquire a critical understanding of its conservation challenges.
ATTENTION: The free tickets provided by the Alhambra Trust for schoolchildren are specific for SELFGUIDED visits, only the teacher can explain. To purchase our guided services, it is essential to purchase tickets
No. PARTICIPANTS No. GROUPS PRICE PER GROUP
Till 30 1 180,00 €
31-60 2 360,00 €
61-90 3 540,00 €
For important reasons of legality and quality of the service, the maximum size of each group will be 30 people, including students and teachers. Groups of more than 30 participants will be divided into as many groups as 30 participants as necessary.
Consultations and reservations can be sent in writing to: email@example.com
These prices include set of radioguides connected to the guide’s microphone, mandatory in the monument.
These prices DO NOT INCLUDE entrance fees to the monument.
100% of the amount paid will be refunded if the reservation is canceled with 8 days (or more) before the day of the service.
No refund will be possible if the cancellation occurs between 0 and 7 days before or if the customer is not present the day of service.