Torre del cubo

Torre del cubo from the tail end road.

Tower of the cubo - Alhambra

Connected to the outer wall of the Torre del Homenaje, this semi-circular tower was built after Reconquest around 1586 on an Islamic door.

Its name comes from the fact that the magazine is located at the end of the street which went along the whole Secano, and today is a terrace from which you can look out at the beautiful views of the Albayzin and the Darro valley.

It was a small military tower located in the south-east corner of the Secano which acted as a buffer for the impact from cannon balls that were commonly used. It is connected to the wall which joins the Alcazaba to the palaces.

 

×Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para mejorar nuestros servicios, mostrar vídeos, publicar en redes sociales y generar estadísticas sobre las visitas de nuestro sitio web. Al navegar o utilizar ciceronegranada.com, entendemos que aceptas nuestra política de cookies. Para saber cómo utilizamos las cookies y cómo puedes gestionarlas, lee nuestra política de cookies.