At Cicerone we’re always paying attention to our customers’ safety and peace-of-mind. This is why, starting several years ago, our tours are conducted in small groups, for a better experience and in order to support sustainable tourism which we strongly believe in.
Given the current situation, we’ve created a COVID19 protocol based on national and international guidelines, and which we’ve worked to improve, in order to offer comfort, safety and trustworthiness to our customers. However, we have to say that it isn’t possible to guarantee that things are 100% safe.
Our safety measures are backed by
- The guides who collaborate with us know at all times how to do their work and have been given specific information on safety and hygiene measures.
- At the beginning of the tour your guide will give you exact instructions on prevention and hygiene measures to be followed during it. We inform you that our guides have received the complete COVID-2019 vaccine schedule.
- The participants and guide meet without physical contact, without shaking hands or handing over any paperwork. You can take your booking confirmation with you on your phone and show it to your guide. During the whole tour we’ll try to avoid any physical contact between the guide and participants.
- Additionally, when the tour begins, the guide will inform you about specific measures to be used during the route, including restrictions, limitations and modifications while, if applicable, taking other possibilities into account other than the ones initially proposed.
- In monuments and museums we’ll follow the instructions and recommendations for itineraries and tours provided to us. Your guide will be the only liaison for the group in these cases.
- Both the guide and participants will maintain a 2-metre (6 feet) safety distance between everyone when there is enough room to do so.
- Indoor mask use is recommended.
- Your guide will make hydroalcoholic gel freely available any time it is needed, especially at the beginning and end, and, after having touched any objects or external surfaces during the tour.
Special measures for guided tours of the Alhambra and Generalife
- Take your ticket with you (QR code) and your original ID document: passport. Photocopies won’t be accepted.
- The tour of the Nasrid Palaces must occur in one direction, always forward, in movement and without going backwards.
- Inside the Nasrid Palaces you’ll find some areas where you and your guide will be able to stop and enjoy the area for several minutes. These places will be identified with this symbol:
- To protect the monument’s delicate decoration, we remind you that rucksacks and bags must be less than 40×40 cm.
- The locker and baby carrier service will not be open.
International travel insurance for Andalusia
Andalusia provides all non-resident international travellers with free Covid insurance for stays at any type of regulated establishment in the region between 1 January and 31 December 2021.
Types of coverage included
Types of coverage and circumstances covered in the case of infection with COVID-19. Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org