- Essential Granada private tour
- Albaicin and Sacromonte twilight walking tour. Join a premium small group
- Private Albaicin walking tour and Gypsy Sacromonte
- Private tour to the places of Federico García Lorca in Granada
- Private tour to the interior of the Cathedral and Royal Chapel of Granada
- Lorca and Falla in the Alhambra. Private tour
- Private tour Places of Isabella the Catholic in Granada
- Granada Essential Must-Do-Tour in a premium small group
- Night Alhambra guided tour in a premium small group
- Full day combo: Alhambra tour, Albaicin and Sacromonte in a premium small group
- Full Day in Granada: Visit the Alhambra and the Dobla de Oro monuments in a premium small group
- Alhambra Experiences: Night and day tour in a premium small group
- Alhambra and Generalife guided tour in a premium small group
- Private tour of the Alhambra and Generalife gardens
Organised groups tours
“If you go to Granada, you have to visit the Alhambra”. How many times have you heard that? The answer is… a lot! And it’s true. The Alhambra is a monumental complex full with history and stunning stories, all of which say a lot about the nature of the city of Granada. All the spaces, gardens and palaces have a different story to tell. The walls speak, literally. Forbidden romances, the search for destiny among the stars, the smiles of the sultans, the conspiracies and the joy of children in the pools. All of this is hidden in the walls, in the water, the grounds and soils of the Alhambra. That’s why if you come to Granada, you have to see and feel it for yourself. There are many ways to buy your tickets for the Alhambra and we’ll let you know all the available options.
How to visit the Alhambra
For security reasons, Alhambra tickets are nominative, so you must include your Tax Identification Number (NIF) or passport number. On the day of the visit, don’t forget to take your tickets and your identity documents.
How can I buy my Alhambra tickets
Alhambra tickets on the Patronato website
Granada’s Tourism Patronatonato website is very intuitive and easy to use. Keep in mind that this is the eighth most-visited monument in the world. Try to book a few weeks in advance. If you can’t get tickets the first time, keep trying. There are always cancellations and tickets might become available that allows you to visit the Alhambra whenever you want.
If you’re currently in Granada and haven’t got any tickets, try getting onto the website at midnight. These are the “last minute” tickets. The exceeding tickets are on sale.
Alhambra tickets with the Granada Card
The Granada Card is a card which allows you to access Granada’s most important monuments, including the Alhambra. In fact, the Alhambra reserves tickets to be sold via the Granada Card.
On the other hand, you can also buy the Granada Card Pernocta, if you’re going to spend more than one night in the city. You’ll be able to book accommodation in Granada, associated with the card, with the benefits mentioned previously.
Both cards allow you to enjoy different services. If you choose them all, you’ll get a 30% discount. One of them is its use as a transport card. You’ll be able to get to the Alhambra easily via the Alhambra Bus. You can take a look at the route on this website.
If you want to find out more about the Granada Card and its services, just click here.
Is it possible to buy Alhambra tickets on the day?
The office only sells tickets for the same day. As the other options are so easy, this is probably the least recommended. Keep the other options in mind before choosing this one.
Types of Alhambra tickets
- General: Alcazaba, Nasrid Palaces and the Generalife gardens. This experience gives you the chance to explore the entire complex.
- Alhambra and Carmen Fundación Rodríguez Acosta: this includes the general experience mentioned above and a visit to one of Granada’s most original Cármenes; the Fundación Rodríguez Acosta.
- Gardens, Generalife and Alcazaba: a stunning visit during which water and soil play a key part, as well as one of the Alhambra’s oldest buildings. This visit doesn’t include the Nasrid Palaces.
- Night Visit to the Nasrid Palaces: the palaces belonging to the Kings hold the conspiracies and secrets of the Nasrid monarchs.
- Night visit to the Gardens and the Generalife: a wander around the Alhambra gardens beneath a star-studded sky.
Visit the Alhambra with a private guide
Agencies have some tickets for guided visits. Once you’ve chosen this option, you can completely forget about the formalities. If you choose this option, we’d recommend you to go for private or small group visits at CICERONE.
Have you ever been on a trip with a local expert? That’s what we aim to do. We’ll be able to enjoy the Alhambra together while the guide explains its historic value and interesting facts, as if it were a group of friends or family. You may ask us all your burning questions and ask us to delve deeper into the facts that interest you the most. We want you to experience the Alhambra at your own pace regardless of your age, if you’re travelling as a family, couple or group of friends.
It’s also much more sustainable and respectful to these surroundings we love so much. Large groups make it hard for guides and visitors to relate to each other and it also affects the experience of the monument itself. At CICERONE, we’ve opted for sustainable and conscious tourism because we want to preserve what we’re most passionate about.
At CICERONE you will be able to enjoy the experiences below, but, also, we offer two alternatives more. On the one hand, Alhambra Experiences: Night and day tour in a premium small group with CICERONE, where we explore the glorious palaces which belonged to the Nasrid dynasty, as well as the Alcazaba, accompanied by the scent of the Alhambra gardens, which is breathtaking. On the other hand, you can choose the Full Day in Granada: the Alhambra and the Dobla de Oro monuments in a premium small group, which gives you the opportunity to experience the city’s beautiful Hispanic-Muslim culture.
As you can see, there are various ways to visit the Alhambra. Choose the option that best adapts itself to you, because if you’re coming to Granada, you need to enjoy this monumental complex, regarding size and beauty, in every way. You’ll spend a few hours experiencing what it’s like to be immersed in a different period – in a different world. If you choose a guided tour, you’ll love discovering what has happened over so many centuries and how the Alhambra kings and residents had the same feelings that move us today. However, you’ll be surprised to see how these passions, ambitions and curiosity translate to such an ancient culture, whose mark beats in the hearts of the locals.